Monday, September 13, 2010

Taking a Few Minutes to Reflect



Can't believe it is September already, that might be because it is still upper 90's outside and showing no signs of Fall. September has become a month of reflection for me. On Sept. 7th my sweet Macon would have been 14 years old! That is inconceivable to me. I guess they got logged in your memory at the age which they left, he will always be 7 to me. Caleb turned 6 yesterday, Sept 12. And it has been 4 years since my boss, pastor and friend Dave died Sept 5.
The 7th came and went with ease, just enjoyed pondering in my head what he would be like as a teen- ager. As for Caleb it was a great day albeit we played it pretty low key. We will have a small party on Saturday. he was anxious to go to bed so that the big day would hurry up and come. I successfully hid his presents and had them wrapped and waiting for him in the am. He opened presents and then we went for donuts. He spent the day at Aunt Bonnie's as they were off school for a holiday. I had to work most of the day but took off early so we could make cupcakes to take to school the next day. He sat in the kitchen with me while they baked and just talked about all sorts of stuff and it was fun just to hear the things that go on in his mind. He made me play the World Cup theme song over and over again, I could have done without the last 10 reps of that but all in all just enjoyed being with him and revel at what a great kid he is, he just takes life easy as it comes.
My mom turns 70 tomorrow, man she grew up fast! Time just moves really fast these days.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amy you are a total hoot! I really did grow up fast! 70 and still learning Love ya

    ReplyDelete