Tuesday, February 22, 2011

If you can compare the 2 pics on the road, you can see a before revoltion picture and a after, note the missing Mubarak posters!







The picture with the car in the foyer would be how I found my apartment when I got home :) My front door is on the left. The landlord parked their cars in the foyer and then at night would close the glass doors and pull the 2 cars closer to block anyones ability to break in and steal. As it turned out my neighborhood was virtually quiet, no excitement, no gunfire. Even tho my neighborhood was totally peaceful, I still opted to stay in a more communal setting in Maadi Degla which is teh main expat area. A family with a large home was evacuated and offered to let a few of us stay there and enjoy their lovely accommodations, wine stash and hot tub, as suffering goes it wasn't too bad.

Community Living

We had a 3pm curfew most days so friends would come over and spend the night. We had an awesome time of community, and it certainly made all the stress and uncertainty more bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment