Saturday, February 4, 2012

Time Moves so Fast

                               Judith Lee Bixler Sept 14 1940-Jan 30 2012

Time is a funny thing and it certainly plays tricks with your mind. Things that happened yesterday slip your memory yet things from 30 years ago seem very real and vivid. Looking at time over my shoulder it seems to have moved in blink. I was young, she was young.





My mind is filled with so many images and as I look at pictures of her I am fascinated at how real she is and how I can even sense touching her, knowing the feeling of her hands. We saw each other so rarely these last 20 years and yet she is indelibly marked in my mind.

So it was a good ride, filled with way more ups than downs, lots of laughter and good words. I feel it was too soon, but this isn't about me is it? It is and always will be God's story and our role in that story. My part of the story is not yet finished and so I will keep on with more laughter, love and the usual ups and downs.

3 comments:

  1. Amy,
    My condolences to you and your family. My prayers are with you at this sad time.
    With sympathy,
    Maureen Hughes-Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, Hugs, sympathy and prayers for you. Sad to learn of the death of your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Maureen and Jodi. Sadness nestles closely with abiding joy. I am delighted for my Mom and the victory that she has today in his presence. My sadness will ease with time I have learned.

    ReplyDelete