Monday, July 5, 2010

Still on the topic of Good friends


Enjoying a week of vacation and for the most part am keeping my mind off of my "to do" list and staying focused on the people who are in front of me. We decided to stay in town and just do the things we know and love. Today started with a visit to a former youth group kid Emmanuel who was severely injured in a car accident 6 years ago.
Later in the afternoon we went out to visit Ramadan's family. Any of you who have visited me here in Cairo have likely dined at Ramadan's home with me as it is a traditional place to take visitors. Sadly Ramadan died a year ago, but his son has taken over as the family head and continues to make his home available to us for a great Egyptian meal. Caleb LOVES to eat out there and to get in touch with his roots. Kelly and Erin and I were attempting to guesstimate how many times we had eaten at Ramadan's, I think for me it came to well over a hundred times over the past 16 years, always the exact same meal and always delicious! Had a great laugh at poor Caleb's expense tonight. He was harrassing the chickens in their hen house with a stick and one flew out and right at him, man did he let out with a girlie scream! I keep asking him if he sees the humor in it yet so we can all laugh about it together...evidently he is not there yet.

We have enjoyed Cafe Greco, stuffed ourselves at Chili's and been playing hours of Quiddler (one of the few games I can win!) Tomorrow we are going to Aqua Park for the day. Have lots of pixs to post but need to get the doo hickie to download them.

No comments:

Post a Comment