Sunday, August 15, 2010

One Wild Week Wore Me Out!



Man talk about feeling your age! This last week was the last of our summer events I called it "One Wild Week" and boy was it. We did it in the place of a traditional VBS program so it was VBS style in the morning and then at 10:30 each day we loaded up 2 buses and went on an adventure to Science Museum (not a big hit) Reptile Farm (A huge hit!) Aqua Park, Fagnoon Art Center and Pharonic Village. We had lots of non church kids as it fell on the week before CAC opened and all the CAC teachers with young kids were delighted to have something to offer their kids. The teaching material was very simple and straight to the gospel point and a number of kids made a decision which just made all the work well worth it. It also had fantastic music which I will try and load. The material was put out by an accapella singing group called Go Fish, I highly recommend! We closed with a short performance at church on Friday night and I spent literally all day Sat. lounging and accomplishing nothing and it felt so good.

Today is the first day of school for the American School, so it signals the start of a new year. My new youth guy is here and in place and already doing a fantastic job. I am very excited about what the new year holds, I have a great group of youth volunteers and well on my well to a full Friday/Saturday School staff and maybe just maybe this year will be the best ever!
I have been reading and studying in the book of Acts for the Women's Bible Study I am leading in the fall and have been impressed/reminded yet again of the simple power of the good news to radically change lives. After reading Peter's defense of the the faith, no jokes pithy stories or smooth pedaling and the result was 3000 converts that day, I have a strong desire to see something significant happen this year, whether it is in the lives of women, youth or kids I am praying for eternal decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment