Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Quick Update

Summer is here and not much is getting done. I have 1 week left before vacation and I am having a tough time getting work done in the office. The office virtually empties out and everyone who is left basically wants to talk and enjoy the slower pace. Ahhhh but I have work to do!

Hopefully I can get most of my concrete work done before we leave and then I can do thinking work whilst traveling. I have ordered a few new books for the trip, lovin my kindle and the fact that I can carry and read multiple books at one time. On my to finish list 1) How The Irish Saved Civilization 2)Memoir of a Reluctant Celibate 3) The Happiness Project 4) Nixonland

If and when that task is accomplished I will move onto Resident Aliens by Stanley Haurwas and Practice Resurrection by Eugene Peterson. Looking forward to quality beach time, Caleb time, God time and of course good food and friends!

Thinking about and thankful for my little man Macon who was freed from the bondage of failing flesh 8 years ago today. No tears just a longing to see his sweet face and hear the sound of his voice again.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding me of Macon's Heaven day. I was actually just telling a friend about him yesterday. It'll be a sweet reunion in Heaven! You've stored one great treasure up there!

    ReplyDelete