Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Arrrggghhh! I wrote a decently informative and long post yesterday but the internet is crappy right now and somehow it never loaded and timed out. OK breath and let it go Amy!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all from chaotic Cairo! Yes the tear gas is flowing but it doesn't waft out to my neck of the woods, I assume it gets overpowered by our daily does of exhaust. Just wanted to check in and say all is well in my little haven of Maadi. I will head out soon for the feats at Bonnie's and Skips. There is a definite feel of lingering sadness as to what is happening and uncertainty but not any rel sense of danger. Of course I am not heading in the direction of Tahrir anytime soon. As you sit and give thanks for good food family and friends, just as I will do in a few hours, also intercede on behalf of this very confused land, truly there is a spirit of "dizziness" as Isaiah describes it, over this country. They have murals all around Cairo that claims "Islam is the answer" oh that they would know the truth!

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be unsettling to have billboards around my town proclaiming Islam as the answer. Praying that God's truth will penetrate the hearts of Egypt.

    ReplyDelete