Saturday, November 19, 2011

Seriously All is Well



Ahhh such interesting times we live in. Actually I am glad protests are going on in the US so we can all feel a part of world upheaval. You might be thinking "Yeah but Occupy ... is so far from me and it really doesn't impact me." but see that is what I think to an extent concerning what is happening in Tahrir these days. Honestly if I didn't see news of it on FB I might not have a clue. Which isn't really a point to brag about I suppose, I should have a better feel for it all and definitely be more concerned as it affects the future of my home, but it gets tiring to ride the revolution roller coaster. Some people write and speak as if the end is near and Tehran style gov't is perched ready to assume control, while others speak as if it is the natural birthing pains of a new system. I don't know which is more realistic. As always I come back and find peace of mind in knowing God is on the throne and no party, nor military force, nor outside government presents a legitimate threat to his position. I guess the part I always struggle mentally with is, that we assume that God being in control means that all will be well=easy, and that I am not so sure of. The optimist in me never really thinks things will get that bad, I like being an optimist it is a better position to live and function from, but it may not be realistic who knows!

But regardless of what protest might be in taking place downtown, my usual life marches along out here in the 'burbs. It is the season for ridiculous busyness and many good deeds, and as much as I enjoy it I also can't wait for it to draw to a close and release the pressure. This week alone has a big wedding of a dear friend, Thanksgiving, and the annual Christmas Fair all of which involve preparation (organizing sloppy joe donations, dress alterations, and group menu planning) oh yeah and there is work like writing a bible study on whether or not God changes his mind, practicing music with kids, trying to find sponsors or money to make 500 Christmas presents for African kids, and looking for a new director of various ministries ...

This year I am determined though to plan out my time so that I can establish Christmas tradition and routine with Caleb. I have scheduled a day off for making cookies for Caleb and friends to decorate at a different time (lesson learned last year that baking and decorating can not be done on the same day... frustrating for child and mother), We will get x-mas stuff out and house decorated quickly after T-Giving so that we can get the advent stuff out ON TIME and started.

I am thinking about sending out last years Christmas letter and card which is still sitting here, not much has changed, Caleb looks a bit older but that is a minor detail! So don't be shocked if you get one :)

Looking forward to Dad's visit and looking for ideas of what adventure to go on this time. Thinking about heading to Mt. Sinai in search of POSSIBLE snow sighting, its not likely but we if we are ever to see it, then we at least need to put ourselves in a place where it could happen. Caleb is begging!

Here is a pic of him with missing tooth, our first! looking forward to many others :) Also a shot of santa's elves working on painting reindeer's for the bazaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment