Sunday, May 15, 2011

Busted

So I am putting Caleb to bed tonight and as usual he pulls out some nearly impossible book to read, last night it was the "Pictorial Encyclopedia of Bugs" and tonight "Prehistoric Mammals." Whats wrong with good old "Horton Hears a Hoo?" It has a plot line and conclusion that is what I like in a book! Anyhow so I start reading "Prehistoric Mammals" and it begins with something to the effect of "15 billion years ago a cataclysmic event took place called the Big Bang which caused the creation of the earth and all of its creatures blah blah blah." I, am willing to read about dinosaurs etc but I am not willing to give credit for their creation to the random act of the big bang so as I am reading I am doing a few word changes here, but keeping what I think is a pretty good flow to the story. By the time I reach paragraph 3 he says "Hey where does it say anything about God?" "Huh?" I respond. He says "You said that God created the prehistoric mammals but I don't see God anywhere on the page." BUSTED! Fine time to decide to read along. So We ended up closing the book and having a short conversation on the fact that Mommy believes that everything was created by God, but that not everyone believes that especially not all of our books on dinosaurs.

Enjoyed a very laid back day of rest today. I was a bit worried as I had a rough start to a root canal yesterday which had my head throbbing most of last night but fortunately I awoke this morning pretty much over it. The bad part is that the dentist was barely able to do anything because after numerous shots she couldn't get my nerve numb. So she put a temporary filling in and we will try again next Saturday. She says she has a different shot that is much more powerful. Hope so cause I am in trouble if I am going to be expected to tough out drilling on a live nerve. I have my own suspicion that I might have some infection under there but she says not enough to warrant antibiotic. We shall see. I think this will be about my 10th root canal, so much for all the preventative measures that were taken in my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment