Saturday, May 21, 2011

Still Here!


Yup! It's May 22 and I am still here and well so is virtually everyone I know. It appears that the rapture did not happen or even begin as predicted and seriously Harold Camping and his followers must be feeling a bit awkward right now fo realz!
I joked about it on Facebook and got numerous responses, but then I was thinking that such joking could lead one to think that I am ambivalent to the concept of Christ's Second Return and that I am not!
Would it not have been an awesome day had it really come true? I love everyday of my life and enjoy it BUT I am so ready to check out of here and and lay to rest the challenge of walking by faith and to SEE Him! I want to see hug those who I love who have gone on ahead. I want to experience what true peace/shalom feels like when all is as it should be, not peace in the midst of a storm but just peace. People often talk about questions that they want to ask God, I don't really care about those anymore I just want to be there.
Harold Camping was foolish to try and put a date and an hour on the event, but we would be just as foolish to be complacent in our attitude towards THAT DAY. I have been reading in Exodus lately in preparation for my fall study and it talks a great deal abouthow God uses delay to intensify our desire. The Bible promises a reward to those who anxiously await His return. Do you?
I am off to the zoo with Caleb and his class, he asked me if we could take our picnic bag and have deviled eggs which is the definitive picnic food according to both of us, brings back long ago memories.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment