Saturday, May 28, 2011

Don't Lose Hope!

Sorry I can see that the faithful are checking to see if I am being faithful to my blogging, and admittedly it was a bad week for blogging. Lots of stuff going on as we try to close out for the year here.

School is definitely in wind down mode even when for some they still have 3 weeks to go. Cairo American closes this Friday and graduation will be held at the Pyramids as usual. On Wednesday we are having our end of the year youth celebration now known as "Bashapalooza." I spent about 3 hours yesterday working on a music video to be included in the year end review video. When it goes public I will consider posting it, I have not actually seen it as it is so awkward to do I can't stomach seeing it as well. I did an interpretive dance to Michael W. Smith's "Friends are Friends Forever." Of course that is only IF the Lord is the Lord of them!

Friday I preached at church on Gal. 5:16-25 not gratifying the desires of the flesh, which included doing a shirt change on stage which I managed without flashing anyone. My last big event will be next Saturday as I am heading up Brenda Petrescue's farewell party. She has decided that it is time to go "home" to Canada, although I think she uses the term "home" loosely. She is going to a home they own in Western CA but she has never actually lived there. I am hoping that the party is a great send off and that she knows what a difference she has made here and not just Dave. Although she and I don't spend much time together she is one of the few remaining folks who was here when I arrived in Cairo in 1994 and with whom I share so much history. It is hard to imagine MCC without her and Dave.

As always June is the month of tears and farewells and no matter how many years I am here it never really gets easier. We found out last week as well that our Admin Pastor and his wife will be returning to the States. This is one of those times that I can't argue that God has opened a door but I hate the decision. They have only been here 2 years and yet in their own quiet way made a massive impact on our church and community. Right now I just can't visualize who and how someone can step in and fill their shoes, but am trusting that God has reasons for all of this.

Caleb is anxious for summer and a taste of childhood freedom. He is going to attend 2 weeks of morning summer school to help him along in his reading and then right after that we will be taking vacation! Two whole weeks! Our big summer goal is to learn to swim and ride a bike...maybe "our" isn't the right word "my" goal for Caleb is to learn to swim and ride a bike we will see how that goes.
Well thats all for today!

1 comment:

  1. "Friends Are Friends Forever" is such a perfect song for saying goodbyes. Rich and I are on our way to Colorado for Steven's wedding. Looking forward to seeing Micah and Avrey. Will pray for God's leading for a new administrative pastor for MCC and for Brenda as she leaves. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete